Are positive pregnancy affirmations actually necessary?
Are you feeling anxious because you’re not sure what you have just got yourself into? and wondering if this was the right time?
I was there too!
My pregnancy was planned, and yet, when I saw the pregnancy test show positive I felt like everyone was moving in slow motion because I was overwhelmed with emotions of fear!
I’m the kind of person who gets anxious when I can’t predict how something is going to turn out, and as a result I start to worry a lot!
I was scared that it wasn’t the right time. I was scared I wasn’t ready. I was worried I was too young and rushed into motherhood. I was worried about miscarriages. I was worried about stillbirth. I was scared of giving birth. I was worried what people would think of me since I wasn’t yet married.
And with all those worries and fear it’s easy to miss out on the beauty of pregnancy!
Surrounding yourself with positive people (other moms) helps a lot with calming you down and helping you see that you can do this!
Unfortunately, we don’t all have people who can relate or who can be with us every time we have doubts.
This is where Positive Pregnancy Affirmations come in to save the day!
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive things you tell yourself in the present tense, that allows you to shift negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
Why Use Positive Affirmations During Pregnancy?
- So you know it’s ok to be scared
- So you know it’s ok to be anxious
- So you know you can do this!
- So you know you’ll survive morning sickness even when it seems never ending!
- So you know no one is ever really ready.
- So you know to appreciate the little things.
- So you know you’ll be ok!
Do Positive Affirmations Work?
Affirmations have been used to successfully treat people with low self-esteem, depression and other mental health conditions. (source: The Best Brain Possible)
- It decreases stress
- It decreases worry
- It decreases anxiety
- Increases positive thoughts
- Increases confidences
- Encourage openness for behavioral changes
- Improves your ability to problem solve.
15 Positive Pregnancy Affirmations
- “I will be a good mother”
- “Everything I need to take care of this baby is already within me”
- “I am good enough to be a mother and care for this child within me”
- “My body is the perfect home for my baby”
- “I educate myself to make the best possible decisions for my pregnancy and my baby’s birth”
- “My baby is developing normally and will be born healthy, whole, safe and at the perfect time”
- “I allow myself to see the beauty and joy in my pregnancy. I want to enjoy the precious time with my baby and be empowered by all it brings”
- ” I set my worries aside and I allow my body to do it’s job”
- “I love my pregnant body. It is radiant, beautiful, and blissful because it is equipped with everything I need to take care of my baby”
- ” I know this is the right time for my baby to come into this world and bless my family”
- ” I protect myself and my baby by allowing only positive thoughts and words about pregnancy and childbirth”
- ” My baby will find the perfect position to birth”
- ” I am healthy and flying through my pregnancy”
- ” Every week I am one step closer to meeting my baby”
- ” I won’t be pregnant forever”
Tips On How To Use Pregnancy Affirmations
- Pick 2 or 3 affirmations that relate to your core values.
- Read them daily! (say it like you mean it!)
- Put them up in places where you can see them every day/ everywhere!
- Trust yourself!
- Trust the process!
Another way to worry less during pregnancy is to educate yourself on the things you are not clear on about pregnancy or ask your doctor to clarify the things you don’t understand.
Believe in yourself and your body! You’ll be shocked on how naturally some of the things you worry about will come!
I hope enjoyed this post!
In the comments below, let me know what are some of the things you have been worrying about during pregnancy?