The JOY of Morning Sickness!
If you open this post, most likely you are experiencing morning sickness and would love to make it STOP asap!
So lets get to it.
First, I must share the ugly truth, there is no cure to morning sickness. This is not to say that the tips I will share will not help.
And I am not just saying that so that you don’t click out of this post because you want something that will Stop your morning sickness RIGHT AWAY!
This is to say that no ONE tip will help throughout your entire pregnancy.
You must try different things and see what works best for you. The tips I share helped get me through my morning sickness and I am grateful for them!
However, even with these time to time relief, I still experienced vomiting and so will you.
Morning Sickness Relief for the first trimester
Table of Contents
1. Plain Seltzer Water (Carbonated Water)
The seltzer water HAD TO BE COLD! Also, the more bubbles it had the better lol.
Before pregnancy, I did not like seltzer water. It had no taste and for that I can drink a sprite if I wanted soda.
This was not the case during pregnancy because the sugar in sprites or any soda created that thick saliva which almost always made me want to vomit.
So give this a try!
2. Smoothies & Natural Juices
And again, because it’s a cold drink it helped me a lot.
I would also buy freshly made juices during my work hours to get my nutrients in when I didn’t want to eat. But remember get juices you will actually enjoy so that you are able to keep it down.
Drink them slowly!
3. Ginger Tea
This really helped me!
I read about ginger helping during morning sickness but I didn’t like the taste until one day it got to the point where I was open to ANYTHING!
My sister brought me a ginger tea she enjoyed at the time and when I tell you it felt like a magic drink! It really did lol.
The morning sickness symptoms would disappear. I use to drink them mostly in the evening because that’s when my morning sickness was at it’s peak.
4. Eat In Small Amounts But Often
(preferably something healthy)
5. Saltine Crackers
6. Keep Snacks with you at all times
Like I mentioned before the emptier your stomach the more likely your chances of throwing up will be.
Therefore, carry snacks you enjoy like
7. Stay Away From Your Triggers
8. Don’t Take Prenatal Vitamins on Empty stomach
Have you seen the size of those things !
Prenatal vitamins may make you gag with or without eating.
But, having some food may make it so that you don’t actually throw up because of the pill and water on an empty stomach.
9. Carry Peppermint/Ginger Candy With You
10. Essential Oils
- Peppermint Oil– inhaling peppermint oil when you feel nauseous will improve your symptoms and have you feeling better quickly.
- Ginger Oil– known to work great for nausea and motion sickness.
- Lavender Oil –If your nausea is caused by anxiety or physical pain, lavender’s power to relax might be just what you’re looking for.
11. Preggie Pop Drops
Your body is working hard to grow a baby therefore, it can use all the rest it can get from all the hard work.
In addition to that, if your body is over tired, your anxiety and stress levels will increase making you nauseous and possibly causing you to throw up.
So give yourself permission to rest!
I hope this helps because I know the feeling !
Let me know in the comments below which remedies worked for you?
Post you may also like:
- How To Get Free Breast Pump Through Insurance?
- 5 Infographics That Makes Breast Pumping Easier!
- Best Prenatal Vitamins in 2021
- Morning Sickness: What to Expect
- What to Expect From Your First Prenatal Appointment (at 6 weeks pregnant)
- What to Expect at your Prenatal Appointment (8 weeks pregnant)
- 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy